Monday, May 12, 2008

Dean and Nur Aimi - Qil's Sis

WHO:

Sometimes, faith do have a funny way of letting our path crossed. We were on our way back from JB when we saw them. Qil drove the car while Fie, Wana, Ada and Ezum squeeze themselves at the back; they were minding their own business. After a few rounds of persuading them to contact the number I wrote on a piece of paper, they finally agreed to stop at one of the R&R. That day, Hamid and I got ourselves involved in their life, as the unofficial abang angkat. Being one, I have been trying my very best to stand by their side, whenever they needed me. Today, Qil's sister, Aimi, tied the knot to the person who needed her the most. She would be standing by his side, I'm sure. And on the other hand, I had to be there for Qil (and of course, for Wana and Ada who wanted to take a cab to the kenduri, if I hadn't offered myself to bring them over).

THE WEDDING:

The colourful reception was held at Dewan Alamanda, Seksyen 20, Shah Alam. The happy couple decided that blue should be the colour of the day. The pelamin was nicely assemble, beige in colour, of which I think does not really blend well with the based colour of blue, but then again, the couple do stand out when they sit on the pelamin. An arch was put up at the centre of the hall, which, initially had puzzled me, as I thought it should be suitably place at the entrance; probably symbolizing the door of a new life that the couple chose to venture together. As they walked slowly towards the stage and stopped near the arch, dozens of photographers took their chance of taking the best shots of Aimi and Din. Judging by the numbers, one could easily be misled thinking that the couple are celebrities. Anyway, Bagai pinang dibelah dua, they deserved it. Yet, I think they should have smiled more often on that auspicious day.


The bunga telur were of different variants but the ones that caught my attention were nicely arranged in a rattan box or a nice plastic container (could be). A sweet girl at the entrance was handing it away. She too, had caught my attention, probably it was in her smile.

PERSONALLY:

I will at least stay on guard; for Qil's Mahligai, one day.

No comments: